Mulder's Gamer World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case Closed (Detective Conan)

+2
Mulder
Faded
6 posters

Go down

Case Closed (Detective Conan) Empty Case Closed (Detective Conan)

Post  Faded Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 pm

For those who have heard of the anime, you can skip the whole thing I'm about to say and just discuss the anime, for those who haven't...please read on instead of asking senseless questions that will be answered when I start with explaining what the anime is about and all.

For those who don't know what the anime is about, lemme explain what it's about.
Note: This does contain spoilers of some of the episodes

Case Closed (American name); Detective Conan (Original name) is an anime based off a 17 year old detective named Jimmy Kudo (American release name) who is a detective prodigy when it comes to solving murder crimes. The anime introduces a lot of the main characters during the first episode of the anime, and shows exactly what happens to Jimmy after solving a case at an amusement park that deals with murder. Jimmy runs off to investigate automatically knowing who caused the murder (Beheading) while at this amusement park, and then encounters the crime organization known as the Black Organization who knocks Jimmy slightly out and forces a poison known as the APTX 4869 drug which originally was supposed to kill Jimmy, but instead turns him into a child. After waking up and figuring out what happens, Jimmy goes under the pseudonym of Conan Edogawa (Edogawa Conan in the Japanese release) to protect his true identity so he can find the people who gave him the drug to begin with.

Most people are probably not familiar with this anime, but to refresh those who think they may have seen it, it played on the American version of the Adult Swim line-up. Adult Swim ran the anime for about 2-3 years, running only the first two seasons...even though, half of the episodes from episode 51 and up were not shown, but instead were released in an American boxset that contained all the episodes from season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnLCqsLxFQ&feature=related
^An episode for the curious ones

What do you guys think about the anime? Do you like it? Do you dislike it?

Personally, I love the anime...I've been a fan since I saw it on Adult Swim when it first came out, which was...if I'm not mistaken, around 2004 or so. (Exact date was 2004).

Currently, I'm looking into buying the boxsets of the anime because the only known access to watching the episodes right now, is on Youtube which is only the ones that were basically shown on Adult Swim, or watching the limited selection of VHS episodes that I recorded when the show used to be on the Adult Swim block.

Discuss.

Faded

Back to top Go down

Case Closed (Detective Conan) Empty Re: Case Closed (Detective Conan)

Post  Mulder Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:00 am

I loved watching this show on Adult Swim one of the few Anime shows I really liked.
Mulder
Mulder
Admin

https://muldersgamerworld.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RinoaPrincess0 Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:05 am

I saw this show a few times I thought it was quit interesting from what I saw but I completely forgot about it until now.
RinoaPrincess0
RinoaPrincess0

Back to top Go down

Post  CV02 Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Love this show!

CV02

Back to top Go down

Post  Holy-Lemon Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 am

BEST ANIME EVAR!
Holy-Lemon
Holy-Lemon

Back to top Go down

Post  ReplicaRiku001 Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:52 am

Watched it alot and also read the manga too.
ReplicaRiku001
ReplicaRiku001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum